In South India, a no moon day in October is followed as – -Polala Amavasya, dedicated to Goddess Poleramma who, it is believed, saves people from all kinds of pox diseases. On that day, besides other offerings, a kind of soup of all vegetables is offered to the Goddess which, in local language, is called –Kalagaaya Pulusu –, meaning soup of all vegetables.
- All available vegetables like brinjal, bottle guard, ladies finger, radish, ridge gourd,tomato, colacasia etc
- Tamarind – 100 grams
- Sugar – 100 grams
- Salt – as required
- Tadka ( How to prepare Tadka (పోపు) )
- Green Chillis
- Regular spices like clove etc.
- wash all vegetables and cut into big pieces.
- take all spices and make it to powder.
- now, take a big vessel and start cooking in it. first add oil and add onions and saute them nicely. add curry leaves, turmeric, green chillis at this stage.
- add all vegetable pieces and mix nicely, add water for soup and mix salt, tamarind juice, sugar and let them cook for 30-45 minutes.
- cook until the vegetables becomes well cooked.
- stop cooking and serve hot !!