- Urad Dal – 250 grams
- Rice – 250 grams
- Chana Dal – 500 grams
- Jaggery – 250 grams
- Sugar – 100 grams
- Cardamom powder -10 grams
- Boil chana dal and keep aside and let it cool.
- soak urad dal and rice for 2-3 hours.
- make chana dal into a powder using mixer grinder.
- mix grated jaggery and powdered sugar along with cardamom powder.
- now mix powdered chana dal and above jaggery mixture to make the filling for boorelu.
- make the above mixture into round balls.
- mix urad dal,little salt and rice and make it to a paste like dosa batter in a mixture grinder.
- now, dip the boorelu balls in the above prepared batter and fry in oil.
- yummy poornam boorelu is ready 🙂 its a traditional sweet in Indian Festivals.