Ragi Idli is a very healthy food to diabetics, people with low hemoglobin and for all age groups as well, including kids. It’s a great source of fiber as well.
- Urad Dal – 50 grams
- Idli Rava – 100 grams
- Ragi Flour – 50 grams
- Salt – as required
- Curd – 2 spoons
- Soak Urad Dal for 4-5 hours and grind into a batter of soft consistent paste. add water to make sure, batter won’t become too hard.
- wash idli rava and press it hard to remove excess water.
- now, mix idli rava, ragi flour and little salt to the urad dal batter and mix nicely.
- the batter should be soft and not so thick and watery, keep mixing ingredients accordingly.
- leave this batter overnight to ferment nicely.
- now, take idli making trays and apply oil on them.
- pour the batter on it and allow idlis to steam cook for sometime.
- serve hot with sambar or ground nut chutney.
- healthy nutrient rich breakfast is ready to start your day !!! 😉