Skip to content
- Yellow Cucumber – 1
- Salt – one or two spoons
- Turmeric powder
- chilli powder
- Mustard seeds powder
- Fenugreek powder
- Take the yellow cucumber and wash it nicely. cut into small pieces for pickle.
- add turmeric powder, salt and mix well and leave it covered for 2-3 days.
- after 3 days, take a pan and add oil, mustard seeds powder and fry the cut cucumber pieces and mix well.
- now add chilli powder, fenugreek powder and cook until the rawness in cucumber pieces disappears.
- let it cool and store it 🙂
- if you refrigerate, it stays fresh for 6 months.
- Raw Mangoes – 12
- Salt – 150- 200 grams (as needed )
- Chilli Powder – 150 grams
- Sesame seeds powder – 200 grams
- Jaggery – 2 Kgs
- Methi – 2 table spoon
- Lavanga ( cloves ) – 12
- Pepper – 1 spoon full.
- Garlic – 100 grams
- wipe all mangoes with dry cloth, cut each mango into 8 pieces.
- add salt+turmeric to those pieces, and keep aside for 3 days.
- Liquid will float over it after it,please discard the liquid.
- then, add the remaining ingredients and mix nicely.
- keep it in sun for 2 days in closed condition ( or with a cloth tied to container mouth )
- Once it is dried, it stays fresh for atleast 1 year.
- Enjoy traditional Andhra Style mango jaggery aavakaya !!