Pongadalu is a traditional dish in Andhra Pradesh, prepared during Sankranthi/Pongal.
- Rice – 500 grams
- Jaggery – 500 grams
- Coconut Milk – 1 cup
- Elaichi – for taste
- Oil for frying
- Soak rice for 12 hours and then make it to a flour.
- boil jaggery until it becomes thick syrup and mix the rice flour in it.
- mix the above 2 two nicely.
- pour coconut milk in the above paste and prepare like dosa batter.
- now, pour oil in a kadai and pour the paste in it using a scoop.
- allow them to fry for sometime.
- yummy traditional pongadalu is ready.
- this is similar to neyyappam, udiyappam made in Kerala.