- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Tomatoes – 3 or 4
- Green Chillis
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Turmeric Powder
- Spices like cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon – 1 or 2 pieces
- take pressure cooker, add 2 spoons of ghee/oil, ginger garlic paste, spices, chopped onions, green chillis and let them cook until they become golden brown.
- make tomato puree, by using mixer grinder.
- add tomato puree and salt to the mixture in pressure cooker. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- wash basmati rice and strain the water and add basmati rice to the cooker. mix water at 1:2 ratio. for 1 cup rice, add 2 cups water.
- steam cook for 2 whistles.
- yummy tomato rice is ready. 🙂